Coffs Harbour Public School Blog

Courtesy & Honour – Principal:Leonie Buehler

By

Minecraft in 3/4M

Last term 3/4M learnt about Mini Worlds and Mini Beasts that you find within different environments. We had to research a variety of Mini Beasts and their environments. We then used the iPads to create them on Minecraft. We had a great time making our wonderful creations. We hope you like them!!!

Name of mini world: Red Back Spider
Name of creator: William
Challenges: I wouldn’t say anything was hard because nothing is a challenge on Minecraft when it comes to building well at least that’s my opinion.
Favourite part: I think had a lot of parts I liked but I would say my favourite part would be building the giant spider because I thought it was awesome.
Parts I did well: The easiest part would be building the big sign at the top of my mini world that said “spiders’ mini world’’.
How did I overcome my challenges: Like I said I didn’t have any so there was nothing I overcame.

Isaiha and I think our mini world looks amazing. Our Minecraft mini world was for more than one mini beast. The first thing we built was the spider. Second was the silverfish and third was the bee. Next were the caterpillar and then the butterfly. Lastly was the ant.

We chose this many mini beasts because it would fill up the world. It would also look like an actual mini beast world. What we like about using Minecraft was building the mini world and mini beasts and the background.
Isaiha and I didn’t really have that many challenges. The only challenge we had was about the silverfish. The silverfish was looking short so we put some iron bars around the silverfish and then it looked like a silverfish. Our favourite part was creating the mini beast and mini world.

By Musa and Isaiha

Wolf Spider

Amany and I are creating a mini world for a wolf spider. We chose it because it’s very delicate and dangerous. We liked using Minecraft because it’s very easy to craft Mother Nature. It was a challenge building the egg first then placing the spider. Our favourite part was building the cave.

By Amany and Tyler

What our mini world is about – Our mini world is about a bee. It took about 2 days to finish the bees and the hive took about 1 day to finish. The hive was full of bees working on the honey so they can eat what they make. The bees live near flowers then they take the pollen and transfer the pollen into honey. We overcame it by finally closing in the bee’s body. Our favourite part was when we got to finish the bee.

By Caleb, Louie and Steven

Mini World Name: Mini Beasts
What is the Mini World: Red Back Spider
What did I do well: I did the spider well and the rock and log.
Did I have any problems: Well, I did have a problem with the back of the back of the spider.
How did I overcome the problem: I fixed the problem by putting more blocks on the spider back and checked it.
Challenges: My first challenge was to build the log and rock in time.
Favourite part: My Favourite part was building the spider and the rock.
What are on the map: Red back spider, rock, log and Mini World sign.

By Zech

My Mini World is for a Hornet. I chose the Hornet because I knew nothing about the Hornet. I liked using Minecraft because it gave me a challenge. My challenge was building the hornets’ nest because a hornet’s nest is circular but in Minecraft everything is cubed. I overcame this challenge by making the hornets’ nest a long rectangle. My favourite part was building the hornets’ nest and getting help from my friends.

By Godson

Spiders

Jay and myself made a Mini World about Spiders. We made a large spider but unfortunately it burned in a fire, at first we didn’t know why the Spider was burned but we talked to others in our class to get help. We made a home for spiders which was very easy for us to make. We loved making a Mini World for Spiders and the best part was to go back and look at the world we have created.

By Jay and Angel

We created a lady beetle, spider and bee hive in our mini world. The hardest thing to make was the bee hive because it is round. The easiest thing to make was the spider. We enjoyed making our mini world using Minecraft. Our favourite part was building the mini beast sign.

By Warren and Eligh

One Response to Minecraft in 3/4M