Attendance Information for Parents
ATTENDANCE INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
- School attendance is compulsory for students aged 6-17 years.
- Regular attendance is extremely important if children are to gain the maximum benefits of school.
- Be positive about your child’s school and teachers. Make supportive comments about school activities and school rules. If parents are positive, it is likely the child will share the same attitude.
- Encourage attendance at all times. A child will value education if the parent does.
- Offer praise for regular attendance.
- Your child should attend school every day possible. Birthdays are not an acceptable reason for being away.
- If your child does miss a day of school please provide an explanation note or phone call as soon as possible, you have seven days to provide an explanation.
- If you are having problems getting your child to school ask the school for help.
Students have a good start to the day when they:
- arrive on time
- have a good night sleep
- have plenty of time set aside to get ready in the morning
- eat a healthy breakfast
- are organised for the day