SEW ON AND SEW FORTH…
Design and Technology with 3/6F & 2/6J
This term our students have been busily designing and making new cooking aprons. Inspired by ‘upcycling’ pre loved items, the hard work that has been put in has produced some amazing results!
- Old jeans were used to cut out a pattern, and to also cut out a pocket.
- Measurement of scrap material lengths were taken and students chose their personal preference.
- Scrap material was folded and ironed carefully and then pinned onto the apron.
- Reposition cut out pocket on to the apron.
- Using a sewing machine, the material was attached as a trimming for the neck and waist ties.
Our ‘Masterchefs ’ can’t wait to wear their creations during weekly cooking lessons!